Previously convicted murderer Siphosoxolo Myekethe, who is now objecting to the admissibility of his confession to taking part in the Lusikisiki massacre on September 28 2024, says he was arrested almost two years ago without being read his constitutional... See more
One of the suspects accused of involvement in the Lusikisiki massacre has testified that police allegedly beat and tortured him, forcing him to implicate himself in the murders. Siphosoxolo Myekethe’s attorney, Fuzile Ngxukumeshe, told the Mthatha High Co... See more
AbaThembu King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo has announced the dismissal of three traditional leaders — including the grandson of Nelson Mandela, former MP Mandla Mandela — while unveiling plans to contest the 2026 local government elections in alliance with the... See more
Heavy rain, hail and strong winds tore through the OR Tambo district at the weekend, leaving families homeless, damaging schools and churches, toppling power lines and flooding major roads. The worst-hit areas include Mthatha and surrounding villages, as ... See more
In a chilling confession, Songezo Mashiya Vuma, one of the six men accused of the Lusikisiki massacre, has revealed the gruesome details of the killings. He told the court how they rounded up the victims, mostly women, from different rooms and passages an... See more